Jun 20, 2011

What will you be doing on July 1st?

I was never one to resist a good knees-up. Especially not if said knees-up took place in the open air and involved live music. Summer festivals, of course, always deliver in this respect making them the perfect catalyst for my somewhat nerdy delight in the display of musical prowess.

As a Copenhagener of such sentiments, it is therefore almost a no-brainer that I should be attending Roskilde Festival next week. And although I will only be able to go for one day this year, this doesn't mean that I won't indulge myself in a slight case of anticipatory madness. Isn't that always how it should be?

Since one day really isn’t that much, I’m going for most bang for the buck. This means that I will be foregoing PJ Harvey and Iron Maiden in favour of the programme on Friday the 1st of JulyHaving eyeballed it extensively, I’ve come up with what appears to be quite an impressive itinerary for the day and have duly scouted YouTube for the best videos from the acts I’m especially looking forward to checking out.

5 PM @ ORANGE STAGE: THE RAVEONETTES



6.30 PM @ COSMOPOL: MATTHEW DEAR







9 PM @ ODEON: KURT VILE & THE VIOLATORS


10.30 PM @ ORANGE STAGE: PORTISHEAD


MIDNIGHT @ COSMOPOL: DJ KOZE


1 AM @ ORANGE STAGE: M.I.A.


3 AM @ GLORIA: GONGA SAIN & MITHU SAIN



No comments: