Aug 15, 2011

Having had more than my sartorial fill of 2011...


I'm not planning on shopping much in its latter part. Plus, I really want to save for the January sales where I expect to find some epic bargains. There are, however, a few basic items that I'm on the look-out for this coming fall:

  • High waisted black jeans. I'm hoping Acne will save me here but I haven't started actively looking yet. I need to take a day out of my calendar to do just that before we hit October. Hopefully that won't be too painful. Top of my birthday wish list.
  • White t-shirt with a round neck.
  • Gloves. I really like these ruby colourblock mittens, but are they really a sensible buy? Somehow, the greater part of my brain is telling me that butter soft leather gloves should be on the top of my glove list.
  • Belt. Black, brown or navy. I've been eyeing this for quite a while now but still somehow haven't managed to press buy.



I should mention that I don't count charity shopping in this equation. The items that do amass through such activity are sort of the jokers in my wardrobe. However, I try to be very strict in terms of what I buy in charity shops; great condition, great quality and great fit being essential influences. The influx of items from this sort of shopping is therefore not that great. Plus, I really don't spend a whole lot of time charity shopping. I hit my local one once or twice per week when I happen to pass by it with 10 minutes to spare.

Pictures via: SCHUHTUTEHEMD and Arvida Byström

No comments: