Sep 19, 2011

A PERFECT NIGHT WITH THE SPECIALS (and I'm saying that as a perfectionist)

I had the most spectacular night last Friday. I went to see The Specials at Vega, and it was the best show I've been to this year, no discussion. You know the kind of night where you're just hanging on every note in a state of genuine awe? It was like that. They played to perfection.


I was also honoured to get the Devil's number in the wardrobe:


It's even the second time in my life I've been given this number in a wardrobe. What's that about? It gets me thinking, you know? Like is it a coincidence or is it an Omen?

Anyway, for my outfit -- of which I have no documentation -- I let myself be inspired by the cover of their first album The Specials from 1979:


Let's just say, I wasn't the only one. I also keenly felt my lack of the perfect pair of brogues or loafers. It really is turning into a burning desire.

No comments: