Sep 25, 2011

THE QUEEN OF ANIMAL PRINT

Emma Cook's printed garments have a history of casting irreversible spells on me. I've already blogged about my crush on her bead and shell print dress here. For reasons unfathomable to me, the dress has been available at a reduced price right here for what seems an eternity. I haven't bought it because I'm trying to fill holes in my wardrobe and so must prioritize. It's not all woe, though. One of Emma's jellyfish print t-shirts  did manage to move into my wardrobe this year:




The blouse is definitely adding a little bit of much needed magic to the drawer containing my t-shirt collection. I use it mostly for layering on top of printed dresses, like today when I managed to lap up a bit of autumn sun:

t-shirt EMMA COOK dress ELEY KISHIMOTO FOR WEEKDAY brogues ASOS
sunnies MARC JACOBS

But is it enough for me? Obviously not. Especially not when Emma keeps churning out fabulous pieces left and right. And now that fall is upon us and the stores are flooded with new stock, I, not surprisingly, have found myself a new Cook obsession. Move over leopard and snakeskin, I give you the deer spot print shirt dress:


Emma, you make my heart ACHE. And it doesn't help that those sleeves have the perfect length either. Also, compared to the bead and shell print dress, I convince myself that this one is infinitely more wearable. Good for summer, good for winter, good for daytime, good for night time. Good for any old time really. Just GOOD.

Sooo. Anyway. Get it here. But then again, please don't. You'll make me sick with envy.

No comments: