Nov 26, 2011

A BURNING HOLE IN MY POCKET

On Thursday, I thrifted two new cardigans.



Long grey cardigan from Bruuns Bazaar (80 DKK): Super soft and just generally a lovely addition to my cardigan collection, which is also why I was willing to plonk down the 80 DKK for it.


Blue cardigan from The Earth Collection (35 DKK): Semi-sheer and stripy. I'm not sure about this one though. I don't think the mother of pearl buttons fit the style, but I bought it anyway because it was cheap. Insanity, I know. I made a similar blunder last week when I got this jacket even though it was way too big in the shoulders. Clearly, I still shop just to shop sometimes, when really I should be severe and abstain and remember that shopping is not therapy and that wardrobe building should not be a haphazard activity. A beautiful, well-edited wardrobe is the result of a lifetime's worth of acquisitions of garments. In other words, there's no hurry. I need only to strike when I find perfection. Still, it's a learning process and I edit as I go along. In the meantime, I just hope I don't spend too much on stuff I know I won't want to keep in the long run.

No comments: