Jan 29, 2012

in which I pose eerily and talk about a high street designer collaboration that's made a definite mark on my wardrobe

shirt BRUUNS BAZAAR (2ND HAND) jumper COMME DES GARCONS FOR H&M

Can you guess which one? The 2008 collaboration between H&M and COMME des GARCONS is the one high street designer collaboration from which I've got the most stuff hanging in my closet. I accidentally stumbled upon a great part of the collection marked down 70% during the 2009 January sales and was thus able to pick up the wool jumper I'm wearing here, as well as a long-sleeved polkadot t-shirt (worn HERE) and a black trench coat (worn HERE) for peanuts. Needless to say, I was a very happy customer. In retrospect, I wish I'd gotten more though. The quality and cut of especially the wool jumper and the trench coat really are exercises in subtle perfection. Even if I did have to sew all the buttons on the trench back on. For high street clothes, I think their being on the fourth year in my wardrobe is a pretty amazing accomplishment. What is more, I think the jumper and the trench will continue to inhabit my sartorial world as classics for years to comme, perhaps forever. So high five to CDS for bringing longevity to the H&M!

No comments: