May 30, 2012

CHIC FÜR MYLADY


Monday was a bank holiday, so I enjoyed the luxury of being able to spend a third day outdoors, just kicking back in good company. The dress I wore is new; thrifted last month for its graphic pattern and pretty pleats. It's very fifties hausfrau and has the grooviest German label:


Until my dream sandals go on offer and I can press "buy" with a clear conscience, I'll have to put another spin on the dress than 'sweet.' It being the first time I wore it, I started out with a nineties take on it, teaming it with my brown docs, a thrifted H&M (L.O.G.G.) jean jacket (speaking of which: what is it with Trinny and Susanna and their irrational hate for this garment?) and my ASOS sunnies. My friend C's boyfriend commented that I looked like someone out of Detroit circa the beginning of the nineties, which is the best comment I've received about my clothes in a good while. It's so gratifying when people read into what I wear on the days I've actually made an effort getting dressed. It definitely beats the odd (albeit sweet) "nice dress" or "you dress like a hippie" (??). Anyway, now it's Wednesday and the weather's been grey these past two days, so I'm back in plain old jeans, big shirts and boots. Laters.

3 comments:

Isabel said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It means I have now discovered your blog, which is freaking great! Your Docs are awesome - keep it coming.

d.h.e.r. said...

Thanks for your comment, Isabel! That's really sweet of you!

Thea vintage said...

Beautiful dress! The label looks like it come from Germany ? :-)