May 4, 2012

THIS OBVIOUSLY AIN'T THE FIFTIES


Went to the burbs today, sporting a fifties silhouette, but the silhouette was pretty much the only thing fifties about what I wore - that and my thrifted navy skirt anyway. Although the cut of my striped Silence + Noise cardigan fits the skirt perfectly, you see, its hopelessly modern print clashes with the time capsule skirt. I'll be keeping an eye out for a similarly cut cardigan in a solid colour for a more authentic experience, preferably cashmere and perhaps even in some sickeningly sweet pastel tone like mint.


Also wearing my beloved studded Creeks brogues from Paris as well as a pair of House of Holland for Pretty Polly tights. Obviously, I just dressed for the silhouette today; the colours and patterns are totally out of context. Fifties wannabe disguised as rebel. Cough, cough. Obviously, style gets better with age as you slowly build your wardrobe.

No comments: