Aug 2, 2012

can't stand the heat, but staying in the kitchen


When the city turns into a frying pan, you either stop layering or you die. Well, that was last week at least. Warm weather came and then left again so quickly, I didn't have the time to post these photos while it was still here. But we have experienced enough warm weather this year for me to be able to state with certainty that when hot town, summer in the city strikes, my thrifted, silk Jaeger blouse immediately ascends to the most exalted position in my wardrobe. Likewise, my candy stripe cotton skirt from Danish design house Designers Remix never fails to step up to the plate. That's thrifted too, by the way. That and the bag. The sandals are still Margaret Howell; the sunglasses Marc Jacobs. Now excuse me while I go melt.


What? Humans can do that, can't they?


 If you're wondering what it is I'm standing so awkwardly in front of, it's a rendition of the Danish Crown Princess Mary. She's from Tasmania. That's Australia.


Land of the one of the most awesome strands of the English vocabularies.

10 comments:

Asha said...

Sjov baggrund:) Din nederdel er virkelig fin!

Daniella said...

Love your outfit!!! Love the colours and shape of your striped skirt And it looks great with the classic sleevless shirt and those chic sandals! Perfect styling for staying chic in the summer heat :D

Take care, Daniella xox

Courtney Erin said...

Such a great skirt - I love the bold and bright pattern.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

FASHIONCONTAINER said...

Cute outfit, love the background!

www.fashioncontainer.com

Lara Maria said...

really cute blog

Caroline. said...

You have a really fun blog!!

Femke. said...

cute outfit, and lovely background!

xofemke.
www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

AS said...

I love these sandals, can't beat a bit of Margaret Howell. Clarks have done a rip-off version that I like, but still not the same

d.h.e.r. said...

Oh yes, the Howells are amazing. Butter soft, glossy and chic. Definitely the best thing I got from the sales this summer. xx

Delilah White said...

cute skirt <3

http://delilahofthesky.blogspot.com/