Aug 23, 2012

it was bound to happen..


I knew it the moment I laid my eyes on the polka dot trousers at a flea market last spring: at some point I would have to wear them with my polka dot Comme des Garcons x H&M top. I don't care if anyone calls them a "trend;" dots are eternal. Or as Marc Jacobsaccording to the Internet, once said: "I don't think there is ever a wrong time for a polka dot." TRUTH. Now I'm not gonna go off on a tangent about how inspired I am by Yayoi Kusama in wearing polka dots from my shoulders all the way down to my ankles, but obviously all these polka dots do remind me of her artistic language of which polka dots are fundamental building blocks. Lady's got a thing for them spots, and, thus, I will show you one striking photo of her anyway:


And then, just quickly, this haunting picture of and tribute to her by Jimmy McCullough:


But that will be all I say about polka dots, Marc Jacobs and Yayoi Kusama. If you want to look at her actual art work, google iz ur bff.


Then there are things on my feet I wish to talk about. My latest impulse buy: CLOGS. True to the nature of impulse buys, I never saw them coming, but you know how it goes: I was killing time before a meeting - I had ten minutes to spare to be exact - when suddenly I found myself in the shoe store next door checking out their late summer sales shelves. And before I knew it, I was rushing out of the store with these suckers dangling merrily in a plastic bag from my hand. I had to strike quickly because: a) meeting, and b) last pair in my size. As I paid for them, I was painfully conscious of the fact that I was probably going to have to live through the first world hassle of having to return them again. But then they grew on me so fast, I surprised myself by deciding to keep them. They look good with practically everything in my wardrobe and - fanfare - I can actually walk in them. Like proper walk. So yeah. They're from the Swedish company Moheda, and if you're gonna get clogs, the Swedes are your man.


 Clogz.

25 comments:

Lela said...

Gorgeous outfit! Love the styling.

xo, Lela
fashion blog - www.LelaLondon.com
@lelalondon

Kristina Lennon said...

Another great quirky outfit, I love the double polka dots :) xx

Daniella said...

Amazing outfit sweetie! I love the polka dot ensemble, very chic in my opinion. I am with you And think you can always wear polka dots, yeah there are times when they "on trend" but I think they are a classic. Oo loving your new shoes, can't believe you were thinking you might take them back, they add such a cool and edgy touch to the look and will to lots of looks! :)

Take care lovely, Daniella xox

Costelloe said...

Hey, Thanks for the comment. I like the spots and spots vibe. I like your style - quirky in the right way.

France Glory x

Rosa Windt said...

wow i really like every single outfit!!
great style!!

Milex said...

<333333333

DREAMY said...

Oh I love this!

CULTstyle said...

Great look!! love how you reference your outfit posts X

CULTstyle

InĂªs de Castro said...

I love the mixed print :)

Femke. said...

love this look and the mixing of prints!!

xofemke.
www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

Remy Ramirez said...

omg, so many great things happening here! LOVING the polka dot combo-- seriously LOVING. Also, you look like my friend Nina, whom I also love. Lastly, this woman is as ab fab as it gets. You are a gem for sharing!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet message! I am definitely following you girl-- I would be honored if you'd follow back!

xoxo
Remy
mydailythreads.blogspot.com

Katie Frank said...

you look amazing. i love this whole outfit <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Mila said...

your style is so unique and absolutely amazing! <3
will definitely be back on your blog!

Lara Takahashi said...

Aw. I'm so flattered abt your comments on my blog that I will be bright-red for the rest of the day :D.
I love those dots. Browsing your blog, love your style in general. Followed back, of coz :)

xxx Lara

http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

kcomekarolina said...

omg!i love this style!



xoxo from rome
K.
kcomekarolina.com

look.love.wear said...

Really nice Kusama inspired outfit!Please check out our blog and hopefully follow- just followed you :-)
looklovewear.blogspot.com

BISCUIT STYLE | by Katie Biscuit said...

i loved it makes it look so eye catching from a far and from up close :) digging the clogs too.

helen at thelovecatsINC said...

you look so good!

you have such a lovely blog too, definitely following! :)

from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

ps. enter into my giveaway to win one of two big prizes, including loads of jewellery and an H&M clutch! it ends soon so be quick :)

Michelle Jiafang said...

Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

Justina said...

CLOGS ARE MY LIFE. Seriously, I didn't have a pair of shoes that weren't clogs until I was 9 and they wouldn't let me wear them to school anymore. anyway, DOTZ ARE FAB.

xx,
J
www.abentpieceofwire.com

lucia m said...

your outfit is so perfect!

xo
www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Gemma Satire said...

Oh this is such a fabulous outfit! Wish I could brew a style concoction like this! THOSE PANTS ARE AMAZE. And you are SPOT ON with the Marc Jacobs quote (see what I did there?). And Clogs, seriously underrated shoes. Everyone needs to embrace them more!

Gemma x

www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

Meganne said...

Love the polka dot overload!
Material Fixations

jas said...

love your pants!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

L said...

i love your outfit, great blog! i follow. x