Aug 11, 2012

PICK 'N' MIX

Here's what I wore to the Thurston Moore gig the other night: a bunch of closet favorites thrown together for a Gran-gone-western-goes-to-the-candy-store look. I wish I could say this eclectic ensemble was meant to symbolise Moore's vast and varied back catalogue of material, but I'm afraid the story behind the outfit isn't even half as meaningful. The pathetic truth of the matter is that my clothing rack collapsed twice on Sunday, and I couldn't be bothered to fix it again the second time. On Monday night, most of my tops and dresses were thus still lying in a big, messy, impenetrable pile on the floor, and I couldn't really get to any of it, save for the stuff on top (i.e. the shirt, I'm wearing).


Anyway, IKEA saved my style. My dressing ritual is once more founded on the principles of anal organisation.


The tights don't really come to their right in the outfit pictures. What I'm wearing is actually two pairs of tights layered on top of each other: a pair of loose knit white fishnets on top of a tight knit navy pair. They came in a two-pack.

shirt: Holly Fulton for ASOS / skirt: thrifted Designers Remix / cardigan: thrifted Henri Lloyd
/ tights: House of Holland for Pretty Polly / loafers: Miu Miu

8 comments:

Daniella said...

Oh god I hate the day when the overloaded rail collapses!! Seems you've got it in good order now. Love your striped skirt! It a-line shape is so chic Love how it looks with the loafers. That shirt is a favourite I love ow the arrow print gives direction.

Thanks for your comment yesterday, seeing Acne boots whilst in labour hilarious, so weird but relateabel (even though I haven't ever been labour) I could imagin Acne to have the same effect on me :)

Take care, Daniella xox

Asha said...

du ser så fin ud. fra strømper til nederdel og skjorte. alt er specielt og fint og alligevel stjæler de ikke fokus fa hinanden.

Sallytangle said...

Fab get up!!! Love the mixture of textures too, and my wardrobe did the exact same thing a few months back! Its quite cleansing to have it all neat and sorted though.

You look fab xxx

DAILY DISGUISE said...

love the stripes on your skirt! i'm following you on gfc now, please follow me too? :) i think you'll like some of my outfits, and i just posted about the IT color for the fall!

www.dailydisguise.com

Sofies closet said...

Super cute outfit. I love the color of the knit you're wearing. I'm having a give-away going on at my blog, where you can win Stine A jewelry worth $ 150. Feel free to join it, if you want :-)

www.sofiescloset.dk

Mica said...

Love the bright colours in your striped skirt :)

Sin12012 said...

I love your shirt !

xo ,
Ana Catalarrana
http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

Low Couture said...

the fishnets are so good

x