Aug 15, 2012

who are you even?

shirt: Wrangler (2nd hand) / skirt+belt: 2nd hand / socks: Happy Socks / sneaks: Nike

Summer's slowly beginning to wane and I'm already starting to get panicky at the thought of all the great clothes I'll soon be throwing in a box for hibernation. Although inevitable, I guess I'm still not completely at peace with the impending prospect of having to crawl back into my big, black winter coat. All the same, I graciously allowed this skirt to jump the long queue of clothes I hope to squeeze one last wear out of before the onslaught of autumn and donned it a staggering two days in a row. But only because its iridescent colours are magnificent. This time around I took the skirt to a street party in a neighbouring part of town, pairing it messily with my extreme-collared, denim Wrangler shirt and my electric blue trainers to assemble a confusing vision of Midwest meets mumsy come funky lady. I then tied a snakeskin belt round it for good luck. Finally, print fiend that I am, I also couldn't resist adding just a little bit of print play. These leo Happy Socks are some of the most cherished members of my sock family. You'd see why.

18 comments:

Valentina said...

great look!

http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

Daniella said...

Once again loving how you have styled that gorgeous skirt! The denim shirt Looks great, texture wise to and those blue shoes and printed socks look so cool an unexpected, loveeee! :)

Take care, Daniella xox

Annie said...

I LOVE that denim shirt with the plaid skirt - such a cute look!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Sallytangle said...

Fabulous, love your imagination and the colours too xxx

The serial shopper said...

amazing skirt!!


xx
Meelena

Laura said...

Thanks for your comment. :)
I really like that outfit.
The skirt looks so nice with the
denim shirt. :D

dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

-telmasofia said...

Your skirt is so nice!!
See my blog, Chance to change

Femke. said...

coool loook!!

xofemke.
www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Great denim top!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Kristina Lennon said...

I love the denim shirt with the check skirt. Lovely outfit :)

Katie Frank said...

you look adorable like usual <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

k come karolina said...

fantastic style! stunning!!!



xoxo from rome
K.
kcomekarolina.com

Annushka said...

Greetings from Russia. Beautiful photography, very interesting post and blog!
xx

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Lovely outfit, liking the shirt :D I'm desperately trying to wear all my summer clothes before it's too late as well!
xxxx

edie pop said...

Great skirt and blog!I loved the Thurston Moore photos and I'm a new follower, thank you for commenting on my blog!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Great color scheme! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Low Couture said...

I love a little funky with midwestern mumsy! is there anything more fun than mixing things at odds, together? great shoes

Claire said...

Just found your blog, your entire wardrobe is so cool.

xx