Sep 9, 2012

BLUE PETER BANG! COLOUR!


I started a new job on Monday, and it's been zapping the energy I usually keep reserved for blogging and other such self-indulgent activities. Since I'm on a computer most of the day, fiddling with words and layout, sitting in front of a screen some more does not necessarily seem the most inviting of prospects when I get home all square-eyed and spent. Instead, I find myself just wanting to snuggle on the couch with the kid and the dude. Go to bed early. Read Wide Sargasso Sea. Sleep. Realistically, I probably need to cook something or clean something or fix whatever practicality. Maybe even go for a run? But these are new beginnings, and it's probably gonna take some time to adjust.


These pictures are from last Saturday. The forest location is pretty random. We went to a birthday party in the sticks and this is what we passed along the way. This is also what I wore. It was a 1st birthday, so I decided this was a perfect occasion for dressing to please my kiddie TV presenter alter ego: Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby D. I'm starting to really appreciate the red tights. I think they're incredible against my thrifted Designers Remix skirt and Docs. But then, I'm also beginning to discover that more or less anything looks amazing against that skirt. And the Docs for that matter. But that's not really news. Conclusion: happy about my wardrobe. Not entirely sure about the dimensions of the thrifted H&M blazer on me though, but fuck it: I'm happily seeing red here!

blouse, blazer, skirt & necklace: thrift / sunnies & tights: ASOS / Docs: ASOS Marketplace

8 comments:

Lara Takahashi said...

Love those pics. You look natural. I need to learn from you, I always look like a toy soldier in pics.

xxx Lara
http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

Daniella said...

Hii, these pictures are awesome my dear!!! Loving those red tights, soo cool and how they look with the striped skirt and docs! Amazing colour scheme! Of and congrats on your new job :D

Take care,

Daniella xox

Kristina Lennon said...

I love the amount of red in this outfit! You look fantastic and I love the quirky skirt. Such a vibrant outfit :) xxx

daggistr said...

Great combo ! love Your skirt <3 ...would You like to follow each other ? just let me know :0

Daggi
http://daggisway.blogspot.com/

Tashiatos said...

Nice docs! Love how this outfit is so red! :D x

Froso M. said...

What a splash of colors, I love it!

xoxo,
Froso
Style Nirvana

Jen Umm said...

this is incred, love the photos
Great post, thanks for sharing!

if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
let me know!
STYLE DECORUM

Krystal said...

you use color so well! i'm such a neutrals girl, i swear i'm scared of it, haha :)